Downbearing and Tone

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 06:55:27 +0100

May be we may stop to use the term "old compression crowned" as a reference,
apparently ancient builders used the different soundboard making methods ,
as actual ones, anyway in Europe that was the case, see no reason why it
should not for American brands (because mostly American brand where made by
European immigrates, if I recall correctly).

To answer the question : poor down bearing on a good board : lack of body of
tone and of power , tone more thin.

Too much down bearing : tone stronger but less rich spectra.

Will elaborate later.

Best Regards

Isaac OLEG

Isaac OLEG