Tuning Tunes

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 05:40:21 EST

In a message dated 3/14/03 4:37:43 AM !!!First Boot!!!, stars@teleport.com
writes:

> What tunes do you use as your 'test' tunes to play when you are finished
> tuning? I know this is highly irrelevant, but I find the choice of
> favorites interesting with the different technicians I've had work on my
> pianos over the years.
>
> As a non-professional, I can tell you that when a customer hears her piano
> played by someone who has just finished tuning it, and hears the sound
> bounce around the house of a tune that is part of the technicians toolbox,
> it just feels and sounds so neat to hear - how do you pick 'em? Which one
> do you use? And if there is a reason - why?
>
> :)
> Dorie

You mean there are piano tuners who play a "tune" when they're done. Wow,
what a concept.

Just kidding. I don't play the piano, and I have a great respect for those
that do. And we've got some excellent piano players in our midst.

I just play a few chords and arpeggios. I have developed quite a skill at
"noodling," enough so that customers think I really know how to play.

Wim