A good to attend conferences/conventions

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 00:43:05 EST

Piano folk,

There has been much talk of reasons for attending/not attending PTG
conventions and/ or conferences.  I just want to offer up a good reason to go.

This afternoon I was scheduled to tune a rebuilt Steinway M.  Turns out there
were some regulation issues which I was able to diagnose quickly, and deal
with on the spot--at least until I can do a more complete job.  At least now
little Sally can get the keys to work, and the jacks slide far enough under
the knuckles to push the hammer upward each time she hits the string.  Gotta
give credit to Rick Baldassin and Carl Teel for their great hands-on class
"Are you regulationally challenged?"  I  headed home tonight with a far
fatter check than I expected--and a future regulations job that will pay for
the conference, the hotel room, and any other meals I had while there(and
maybe a date or two besides....).

Even if you think you know everything you need to know about regulating a
piano, you  will enjoy this class and learn something from it.  If you see it
on the agenda at your regional conference, go for it!

Dave Stahl