Judge-and-jury

Phil Ryan pryan2@the-beach.net
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 07:46:34 -0500

An institution called me and asked me to come and tune two pianos.  They had
another tech (I don't know who, or want to know) tune them last week and
they were very unsatisfied with both of the pianos. They gave him a chance
to come back and fix them, he did, but the pianos are still unacceptable to
them.  They told me they are happy with the way I tune, and if I say they
are "mal-tuned,"  they will not pay this other tech.

I want the gig, but not the judge-and-jury part.  Should I accept the job?
Defend or condemn the other tech?  Should someone get paid for unacceptable
work?

Phil Ryan