Judge-and-jury

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 17:38:35 -0500

Friends,

Suppose you did some tuning or other work on a piano and the unhappy
customer decided to call another piano tech the next time and then
complained to them.  Would you want that tech to let you know?

Several days ago I went to tune a piano, where the customer complained
about the previous tech, who had tuned the piano for years previously,
but now the customer feels that the tech just doesn't care much about
piano service anymore and is more interested in selling pianos.  I feel
I would be doing that tech a favor by passing on the information.  Or,
would I be making my own name "Mud"?

The last thing I would want is to be perceived as thinking I'm better.
If someone had a complaint about my work, I would want to know!
Thoughts?

Regards,
Clyde