Judge-and-jury-Results

Phil Ryan pryan2@the-beach.net
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 21:20:55 -0500

Went to tune the piano in question, found it to be a 3 or 4 year old
D.H.Baldwin 5' (or less) grand in good condition.  The temperament was not a
problem, but the unisons were extremely out-almost every third note.  They
were very noticeable.  The school told me the tuner tuned it in one-half an
hour the first time and when called back to correct it, angrily spend 20
minutes on it.  Can a piano be tuned in one-half an hour? (Not by me)  They
were more interested in getting the piano sounding good again than punishing
the previous tuner, so we skipped the pointing of fingers.   I tuned the
piano as best I could, made appointments to tune their other pianos  and
hopefully gained a permanent customer.

Phil Ryan