old Lowrey console

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:43:50 -0800

At 05:28 PM 3/14/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>I was curious though- how long does the solution need to dry before you
>can access the results? You don't want to be playing the piano with wet
>hammers but I would like to hear it before I leave someones home. In the
>past I have left them over night to be safe. Whatcha think?
>
>Dave Bunch

I use several passes, marking with chalk beforehand so I know which hammers
want extra alcohol. I don't like to rush in headlong. If you soak deep in
the shoulders you can end up with a ball of cotton. I haven't found the
wetness of the hammers to cause any problem, but then I don't pour the
stuff on by the bucketload. If a note is still too bright after three
passes, I needle it or squeeze the shoulders or both.

Susan