An Amerigo Vespucci's article (OT)

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 22:19:33 -0600

Gordon, Jonathan, Jason, List,

I have finally found something that has helped me better understand
the viewpoint held by you and a few others.

The following article:

Description by Deficiency: Strategies for Naming in Early Colonial Texts
Jerry Williams
West Chester University

http://tell.fll.purdue.edu/RLA-archive/1991/Spanish-html/Williams%2CJerry.htm#_ftn9

brought up certain European/Christian matters that were very relevant
during that time period, that is, the late 1490's, early 1500s', that
clearly show why it would be an easy matter to  take the position you
have. Ironically, I also see that some of those European/Christian
matters have not really changed whatsoever, even to this day.

I have decided that was the folly of my reasoning and misunderstanding.

So I submit to you it is now easy for me to accept what others hold
to be true about such matters as mentioned in this particular article.

I am now, once again, reminded of self-evident realities that I had
temporarily not considered as being relevant for that day and time. I
find that to be an excellent thing for my sake!

So, thank you, one and all, for the thread, Amerigo Vespucci.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild