Tuning question (was Pianotech list)

Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:31:02 -0800

Two passes includes unisons on the first pass, then a second full pass once
the piano is within 1-2 cents to insure no drift from further changes in
the overall tension.

Follow the guidelines in the book for tests for the treble and bass.  The
test is set up for 6:3 octaves going down in the bass and 2:1 octaves in
the top octave.  Don't overstretch for the sake of the test.  Test going up
with thirds and then tenths progressions and check for clean double octaves
against 12ths for a balance in stretch.  Keep it simple.

Practicing against the RCT is a good way to go.  Focus on pitch setting and
temperament.  That's where you can lose the most points quickly.  Practice
to the weighting of the test for best results.

Good luck

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

PS to all:  My apologies for posting that stupid thing on the shuttle.