regulation extremes?

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:31:26 EST

In a message dated 3/18/03 4:15:43 AM !!!First Boot!!!, hullfam5@yahoo.com
writes:

> To try to decrease the aftertouch I lowered the sample hammers to 1 13/16
> distance and even more, still - aftertouch too much!  Am I missing
> something?  A fine pianist is coming to do a program on this instrument
> soon and I want it to be "right".

Bob

You're not looking in the right place to correct your problem. I would adjust
hammer blow distance at 1 3/4".  I would set key dip at 3/8". Then, before
doing any more adjusting, turn the action around, and make sure all the jacks
are set at the right place under the knuckles. Starting with the first note,
lower the top of the balancier, and make sure the back edge of the jack is
even with the back edge of the knuckle core. It will be easy to adjust this,
because you can see the tool right through the balancier window. Lift hammer
number one, and go to number two, and so forth. You might be surprised at how
many jacks are in the wrong position.

When you have the jacks in the right position, (you might want to double
check jack height also), go back and work on your after touch. Again, leave
the hammer line alone. Removing just .017 might be all you need to get the
after touch you're looking for.

Wim