partly loose bass bridge

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:32:22 -0500

Clyde,
          It would seem that if the piano wasn't going to last much longer
than another decade or so or had other more serious problems cropping up in
the near future that simply made it not worth spending a lot of money on I
would simply slip some glue in as best I could and throw in a screw or two
from the back to pull it back together. If the piano warranted more I'd
soak the bridge apron with some sort of glue remover like vinegar or wall
paper paste remover or the like and try to heat it with a heat gun and
gently work it loose. You may still have some tear out but the trick is to
minimize it.