Tonight's Puzzler

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 07:00:56 -0600

Do you get this from technician's test blows or from actually
playing music.  If so which piece and where?  Most importantly can
you get it with both.    Does this have pilots or capstans?
Without seeing the piano it is usually a wasted effort and time to
figure what is wrong.  On the other hand I wish I had $20 for
every piano I fixed on the phone.
May I humbly submit that "puzzlers" are another list glut, and if
I miss "the answer" how does that advance my knowledge?  Then if I
do post an answer after the answer has been given because it came
as mine went out, I look like an idiot, or maybe I missed an
answer same as mine....."the mice ate the front rail punchings
out?"
    Don't get me wrong, there are some puzzles worth posting,
especially by those who have given classes for 10 or 15 years; but
when the 3 lists are running 70 to 100 a day, and its an old
beater, maybe it can wait?

----ricm   (the  c stands for ..... well that's a puzzle, but
please don't submit answers on list)

> While giving many of the keys firm blows while tuning I noticed
a >reverberation in the keys (maybe 25%-50% of them - some more
than >others) - a bobbling-like feel at the end of the keystroke.