Tonight's Puzzler

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:09:37 -0500

On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 08:00  AM, Richard Moody wrote:

> May I humbly submit that "puzzlers" are another list glut, and if
> I miss "the answer" how does that advance my knowledge?

May I second this motion (if others haven't already)?? It's one thing
to describe a problem and genuinely ask for help. That's what we're
here for (at least to some extent). It's another thing altogether to
post "puzzlers" ("why is middle C sticking?") and declare to all who
respond "nope guess again" until you get the "correct" answer ("Susie
stuck 3 half dollars between the keys"). I know no one has posted
anything quite that extreme, but after awhile it just gets to be a blur.

Patrick