Tonight's Puzzler

Dave Foster foster29@earthlink.net
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:18:41 -0500

I have to agree with Robin.  I find it a very useful tool to use imagery and
reasoning to understand other peoples problems/findings.  It helps me to
look outside the box when I see everyone else respond with answers from
their own logical thinking and compare them with my own thoughts.   It gets
me away from having "tunnel vision" where once I determine what I think it
is, I spend all night looking for that one problem.  That's a bad habit.  So
I like to see other ideas and other abstract thoughts that might lend to me
knowing other solutions.  I don't think someone would honestly come here
with a puzzler that is so commonly known like a coin in between some keys
and think we could or could not guess that.  That is just nonsensical.
Certain situations are great for deductive reasoning, and some are not.  I
guess I expect anyone willing to submitt a puzzler would know where the line
is drawn between the two.

Dave Foster

Hold on there.I for one find the puzzlers educational.Reading the
various guesses is a good excercise in deductive reasoning.Sometimes I
have the answer or get it by seeing wrong answers.I think it is good
practice in trouble shooting,and if it is a problem you haven't
encountered yet,It can be stored away in the mind.And when you
actually come across it you might just have a solution and save
yourself alot of time.
                                           Robin Olson