Tonight's Puzzler

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 21:20:46 -0700

Obviously I also agree with Dave.
Kevin.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Dave Foster=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 9:18 PM
  Subject: Re: Tonight's Puzzler

  I have to agree with Robin.  I find it a very useful tool to use =
imagery and reasoning to understand other peoples problems/findings.  It =
helps me to look outside the box when I see everyone else respond with =
answers from their own logical thinking and compare them with my own =
thoughts.   It gets me away from having "tunnel vision" where once I =
determine what I think it is, I spend all night looking for that one =
problem.  That's a bad habit.  So I like to see other ideas and other =
abstract thoughts that might lend to me knowing other solutions.  I =
don't think someone would honestly come here with a puzzler that is so =
commonly known like a coin in between some keys and think we could or =
could not guess that.  That is just nonsensical.  Certain situations are =
great for deductive reasoning, and some are not.  I guess I expect =
anyone willing to submitt a puzzler would know where the line is drawn =
between the two.

  Dave Foster  =20

  Hold on there.I for one find the puzzlers educational.Reading the=20
  various guesses is a good excercise in deductive reasoning.Sometimes I =

  have the answer or get it by seeing wrong answers.I think it is good=20
  practice in trouble shooting,and if it is a problem you haven't=20
  encountered yet,It can be stored away in the mind.And when you=20
  actually come across it you might just have a solution and save=20
  yourself alot of time.                                   =20
                                             Robin Olson