Upright Wippen Rebuilding Questions: Felt glue and spoon lube.

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:34:54 +0100

no pastes on felts, they are a mess and with time the dust they
inevitably catch will use the spoons' nickel,and they tend to create
noises too !.

I use spray lube on the spoons, it helps a tad. Bad results with pro
lube that became gummy and non lubricant after some time, as CLP I
should say.

May be we will eventually discover that these teflon based products in
solvents react in some way on some material that turn them gummy
(nickel ?

Best

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.