Upright Whippen Rebuilding Questions- about glue for felts/Isaac Oleg

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:34:57 +0100

Joe,

I'd like to see the piano self dismounting for sure, any pictures ?

I never heard of such a problem actually, but have heard of a few
piano repair people using fish "tack" glue.

Did you try different brand of fish glue in your tests ? where they
strength test, moisture resistance test, shrinkage tests ?

The results should be very interesting, care to explain ?

Best to you

If the glue hold enough even under moisture for 30 years that is
perfectly ok for damper felts for instance.  I agree on Rabbit glue !

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech
17 rue de Choisy