stringed instrument repair - slightly OT

Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:36:53 -0500

List -

I recall a few people on the list being involved in stringed instrument
repair, and I am in need of some advice.  Specifically, I need to replace
a cracked skin on a bandolin, which is a cross between a banjo and a
mandolin.  I need advice on where to find a suitable skin, and on the
recommended procedure for installing it.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Alternatively, pointing me in the direction of a forum
similar to Pianotech but for stringed instrument repair, would also help.
 You may contact me privately if you wish.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com