Thomas A. Sheehan

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 00:45:04 EST

Hello list,

I recently bought a CD by one of my favorite artists, jazz pianist Gonzalo
Rubalcaba.  It is called "Inner Voyage" on Blue Note.  I listen to several of
the pieces over and over and over as I drive from job to job, and each time I
am more amazed at the beauty of the instument he's playing on(not to mention
Gonzalo's own artistry).

I finally opened up the cover, and lo and behold in the credits were listed
the type of piano played(CF III S Yamaha) and the technician that tuned it:
Thomas A. Sheehan.  Does anyone know him?  I would like to congratulate him
on the work he did in preparing the piano for this CD.  It sings in the
treble in ways I have never heard.  The sustain is phenomenal.

The truth be told, as I get more and more entrenched in this business/art,
pianos on jazz recordings sound less and less in tune.

If you like jazz at all, this CD is worth checking out. My favorite song is
"Joan."  And Thomas, if you're out there, great job!

Dave Stahl