string scaling

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 19:01:19 EST

Hi,
 The Chickering console that has been the subject of strings breaking,has six
wound strings on the treble side,after the break,and then about six more
double steel strings before starting the tricords.These steel strings look
bad (rusty), compared to the triple unison wire the rest of the way up.I was
wondering how it would work out,if I replaced these four unisons,with wound
strings,continuing these to the first triple unison.I know just enough about
scaling to be semi-dangerous.
Best,
Hazen Bannister