string splicing

Jonathan Finger johann@tollidee.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 13:04:50 -0700

Hazen, do you mind emailing me a pic as well?

I'm one who likes to replace broken strings when possible.  But there
are clear advantages in some situations to tying a not.  I only wish I
was better at it. :-)

Having the string that was designed for the piano, and not having to
worry about it stretching are two biggies that would cause me to tie a
not (referring to bass strings of course).

Jonathan Finger RPT

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of HazenBannister@cs.com
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2003 4:51 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: string splicing

In a message dated 03/23/2003 6:43:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
grieth@ozemail.com.au writes:

Can you send me a copy of that picture.  I have only seen the drawing in
Reblitz, and am not sure how it should look in real life.

Hi,
The knot (picture) I use now was given to me by Don Valley,and I'm not
sure where it came from.I had been using the knot from Reblitz for
years,but this is much eaiser to tie.I will email it to you.
Best,
Hazen Bannister