Pictures on the list/Digest

Jonathan Finger johann@tollidee.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:01:41 -0700

Hazen, most people using POP email accounts are most likely using an
email client that downloads all of their messages off their email server
(Eudora, Lotus Notes, Outlook, etc.)
While you may choose to not open these attachments, you will still be
downloading them.  Therein lies the consumption of time people are
worried about.  It is fairly easy however, to either ignore the
attachment (deny it from your side), or simply ask that people not post
pictures to the entire list.
I'm able to download at about 3 MB/s at home, which means I don't have
any trouble with pictures, even unexpected ones.  But still it can be
irritating to receive attachments from people I haven't asked to receive
attachments from.  It's probably best for the list as a whole, to simply
advertise when you have something others might want to see, then send it
privately to any that want it.

Jonathan Finger RPT

PS: Hope everyone's having a wonderful day!

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of hazenbannister@cs.com
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 1:41 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Pictures on the list/Digest

Clyde Hollinger <cedel@supernet.com> wrote:

>Friends,
>
>My connection is usually at about 49Kbps.  I don't mind receiving an
>occasional picture, but if they were to proliferate, or most often be
of no
>interest to me, I would probably get irked.

Hi list,
  If your email is like mine,when there is an attachment in it,it's up
to me to take another step to open,it doesn't just open on it's own.If
it's not set up this way,you probally should get it corrected,as a virus
could open itself on your machine without your permission.If it is,and
you don't wish to receive pictures,just simply don't open.
Best,
Hazen Bannister