No Power Yamanamas

Wed, 26 Mar 2003 23:37:45 +0100

List

Is it my imagination, or is this something experienced by other techs ?
Yamanamadoos seem very often to be lacking in power..... not the
instruments themselves... rather it feels like you cant get the hammer
to slam against the strings... also... no fff possibilities. Its like
you can get it up to 1 and  3/4 f's.... and then no matter how much
harder you hit it you get no more. Sort of like if the let off was set
at 8 mm from the string or something.

I have run into this several times, and havent been able to figure out
what the deal is. All seems regulated well, plenty of aftertouch, plenty
of key dip, nice blow distance, close letoff and drop... but still... I
get the feeling I simply cant drive the thing.

Most often I run into this with the C6 and C7's. I havent ripped one of
these actions for a Touchweight analysis yet... but was wondering if
perhaps therein lies the key.... or perhaps I am just imagining the
whole thing ???

most indoobiediously :)

RicB

--