"OT"-Totally, but important

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:03:58 -0800

At 05:17 PM 3/25/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Thanks, Internet. Click on http://www.google.com  and type in some
>friends' home-phone
>numbers. Unless the number is unlisted or pretty new, you'll get their
>full name, address
>and Mapquest directions to their house.

By gum, it worked!

However, this may point out the benefits of having a P.O. Box, and only
listing your name under it. The google search nailed me dead to rights, but
gave only the P.O. Box. The Mapquest just showed a red star in the middle
of an area without houses.

Except when ordering something which needs to be delivered by UPS, I always
use the P.O. Box as a return address. These days, there's probably a way to
find out the street address from it somehow, but at least it's a layer of
insulation.

Susan