Voicing for sustain: was Downbearing and Tone

Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:12:44 +0100

Mike,

Xcuse me if I have lost track of where this thread is at. This is in the capo
section tho correct ? If so, you might try takeing the range of notes worst
affected and pull of the strings to reshape / dress up the capo bar, and while
you have the strings off drip a bit of CA into the bridge pins. Capo bar wear
can definatly be a contributing factor to lost sustain.

The CA just plain seems to always contribute positively to good tone. I am
getting to the point where I nearly always apply a few drops to the bridge pins
whenever I have a string off.

Just a thought

RicB

--