No Power Yamanamas

Thu, 27 Mar 2003 18:05:13 +0100

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> >List
> >
> >Is it my imagination, or is this something experienced by other techs ?
> >Yamanamadoos seem very often to be lacking in power.....
>
> Two possibilities come to mind. Hard inelastic hammers, and excessive key
> flexibility.
>
> Ron N

Actually Ron.. you sort of hit the sensation I get on the head so to speak.
You all know how it feels to play a key that is just cracked enough that it
weakens play, but not broken clean through. ???... Thats sort of how the
whole darn piano feels. A little less extreme then that mind you... but very
much like that.

I dont think this is a voicing issue. For one, Andre has voiced this piano
lightly, and for another its been given a few different voices through the
months in order to find the instructors preferences, without any real change
relative to this lack of power sensation.

How would one go about checking whether the key flexibility is excessive ?

Thanks

RicB

--
Richard Brekne