No Power Yamanamas

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:52:17 -0600

>How would one go about checking whether the key flexibility is excessive ?
>
>Thanks
>
>RicB

I'd set the action on a table and push down on both ends of a key with
minimal offset at the same time to see how much deflection resulted from
how much pressure. I'd compare this to another piano that doesn't have the
problem and see if there was a noticeable difference in flex between the
two. No numbers, just feel and observation. In extreme circumstances, it's
possible in play for a long and overly flexible key to hit the front rail
punching before the hammer even gets moving good.

Ron N