Minipiano-special hammer for tuning?

Steve Borgstrom orchman@attbi.com
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:24:38 -0600

Friends,

Ran into a little spinet of the above name made by Hardman & Peck. I
can't use my Yamaha Rosewood hammer to tune it because the action is
too close to the pins to allow access. Do any of you have a tool that
works or is there something from the supply houses that will work
great? (I'm gonna try my student hammer which has a shorter socket on
it, but have my doubts...)

Also, I searched the archives but got no usable info.

It's a charming little piece of furniture, well-made cabinet, doesn't
sound like much, but I can see why someone who is not too serious a
musician would want to keep it. So now I gots to maintain it! <grin>
Any thoughts?

Steve Borgstrom
Brooklyn Park, MN