Pocket PC

Hechler Family dahechler@charter.net
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 22:07:09 -0600

Dave Foster wrote:

> List, hopefully this summer I will upgrading (in my opinion ungrading)
> to a Pocket PC ETD.  I have some experience with TuneLab, and
> absolutly no knowledge of the Reyburn Cybertuner.  I'm sure this has
> been a subject of many discussions, and I apologize for the repetition
> of this topic, but what are some of the advantages/disadvantages of
> one or the other?  I would like to find out some of your opinions of
> these programs and what might your recommendations be.
> I will be testing and playing around with these programs in the
> upcoming MARC in Pittsburgh, and I would like to know a bit more about
> them so that I don't look at them unknowingly.
>
> Dave Foster

I don't know about the others but a local RPT recommended Cybertuner
because of the accuracy of the Pitch Raise function. I've only been
tuning since last May and I really can't say that I have an established
customer base but the tunings I've been on are mostly pitch raises - not
regularly maintained pianos. Anyway, the pitch raise is so accurate,
that I hardly ever have to make a full second pass - mostly odds and
ends cleanup.

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Organ, Pump Organ