Sticking Hammers

euphoniac@juno.com euphoniac@juno.com
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 20:41:06 -0500

I was working on a Knabe baby grand today and ran into some trouble.  I
removed the action and tapped in some loose tuning pins (supported by a
pinblock jack).  After I replaced the action, the hammers of E 2 through
G2 became stuck after they would strike the strings.  The key wasn't
sluggish at all, but I was able to get them to fall by pushing them with
a rubber mute.  I continued to work the keys, but their hammers kept
hanging up.  I will be working on this piano again tomorrow.

I am still new in the business (a Randy Potter student) and I can't find
any answers in Randy's materials or in the Reblitz book.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Don Palmire