Sticking Hammers

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 03:58:41 +0100

Don,
When you pull out the action first , you raised the hammers vertically
to have a look at their travel and see how they move (is not it ?)= .
if so and with old corroded pins, the flange bushing have been
roughened , and disturbed by this move, as a result the center of some
hammers are extremely sluggish. Repin is necessary.

Been there some days, On a very old piano/sluggish parts, I am
cautious not to put the hammers higher than their usual path now.

The other options may be the bottom of the tuning pins protuberant and
pushing on the hammer flange rail, but I've never seen that one yet.

Hopthat helps .

Good luck

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.