Sticking Hammers

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 08:41:06 -0800 (PST)

I suspect that the action is not pushed back into the
same place as it was before. Someting is "amiss", as
they say. Press the damper pedal before sliding in
action, as some key ends may have jammed on some
damper levers, pushing them forward and moving the
backchecks forward a tad, too. Check to make sure the
sostenuto mechanism isn't catching on soemeting, and
make sure the cheekblocks are screwed down tight, and
the action is in the correct for-to-aft position.
     Hope this helps.
     Thump