Breakdown measurements

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 20:09:22 -0800

What part of the hitch pin are you guys measuring to?
The inside of the loop or the center line? I'm starting to think that =
since the hitch pin is tilted  and therefore oval to the string, =
eyeballing the loop is the better way.
I have made the pattern on a piece of packaging paper, rubbing with the =
flat side of a carpenters pencil, but that only shows the tip of the =
pin. I guess that is what the measurements fill in that the pattern =
doesn't show.
Keith Roberts

I prefer to send the measurements of hitch pin to forward bridge pin and =
hitch pin to agraffe,=20
David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

  It would be best for you to talk to the string winder to see what he=20
  prefers on length measurements, but hitch to front bridge pin, and =
hitch to=20
  agraffe (or whatever)

  Ron N