Falsies

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:12:54 -0600

>I've not heard of that, (But then I don't hear very well). False beats are
>usually caused by the string not being seated on the bridge. If you have
>false beats, tap down the strings, and it should eliminate the falsies. I
>don't think raising pitch in one swell foop, or in small increments, is
>going to change that.
>
>Wim
Hi Wim,
                  Leave the string alone,  a light tap on the bridge pin
with a pin punch will clear up a lot more on the unwanted noise, better yet
a dab of thin CA at the back of the pin will help tighten it up. Just make
sure that you have some paper towel to wick up any excess.

I agree with Ron, most falsies come from loose bridge pins, followed by
cupped capo bars, followed by phasing hammers.

Regards Roger