Falsies

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 00:41:46 -0500

At 11:27 PM -0600 3/28/03, Ron Nossaman wrote:
>Roughly, the sine of the angle times the string tension will get you
>in the ball park. At the 10° or so string offset angle on bridges,
>it's not exact, but close enough to not tell you anything useful in
>this case.

Good. I get real nervous when some bit of knowledge is going to tell
me something useful. So I keep a close watch when it even looks like
it's thinking about telling me something useful. (Now was that really
a useful observation?)

I'd guess that the extra pressure exerted on the side of the bridge
pin is not significant. So Alan, when you're explaining these sounds
to the lady of the house, is this what you call then, or do you use
the conventional "false beats"?

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"A jester unemployed is nobody's fool."
     ...........Danny Kaye, in "The Court Jester"