Falsies

Sat, 29 Mar 2003 12:23:35 +0100

Alan

I think we once again are moving into a grey area of what we know for sure here.
It seems pretty clear that filling bridge pin holes with CA, or some simliar
treatment to solidify the pins position has a much greater affect on one kind of
falsness then string seating has on falseness in general. Its also probably true
that string seating has been misused, to the point of being abusive to the
bridge, far to often and is easy to over do.

That being said, the vast amount of experience that supports the idea that
bridge pin seating can offer some aid in cleaning up some of the general noise
is not something I have not been able to disregard, especially since my own
experience bears it out. What should be said tho is that any string seating
should be done with care. You dont want to dent the bridge top in the process. A
very gentle tap is all thats needed, and if that doenst help any falseness then
your problem is elsewhere.

RicB