strange action configuration in Sejung

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 09:11:43 EST

In a message dated 3/29/03 1:17:40 AM Pacific Standard Time, dnereson@dim.com
writes:

>  <<What were they thinking:  that the let-off would be set for life?>>
>
>     Yes, that's exactly what they were thinking.  It's amazing how many
> things in pianos are designed with the underlying thought that "Our pianos
> are perfect; nobody'll ever need to adjust this or get a tool in here ."
>     If the props for the jack stop rail turn easily, I would turn it in far
> enough to be able to regulate let-off.  If that prevents the jacks from
> coming far enough away from the butts, then try bending the rail up.  Do
> you have the type of eye-screw regulator that lets you turn the screws at
> an angle?  Or are they the spade type?
>     It'd be a big hassle, but you could remove the jack stop rail, regulate
> let-off, then put it back.

David,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, the [piano has the spade screw supports for
adjusting the jack-stop rail.  They seem a bit insecure, and are bent, so
that when I turn them, they turn in an eliptical fashion.  I think I'll see
if I can straighten them, then adjust the rail inward.  Taking it off would
work, but that would be a major hassle.  Bending it the supports would work,
too, which is what I think they did at the factory when they regulated it.
That's probably why they make a funny rotation when they turn....:-{

Dave Stahl