Cradling was: Epoxy Reinforcing of Action Parts

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 10:53:56 -0600

>A very good suggestion, Roger. Some of the cradling is required by
>balanciers not parallel to the rep bodies. I'll try twisting these posts
>first. (I gave the post, heel and jack glue joints a wrench to check for
>failed glue. I reglued 83 jack joints. A round tenon on the tender, cut
>from solid wood and at a 10º angle (?) to the face on the tender which
>butts into the wood. 5 hours under mag visors carefully scraping off hide
>glue off the joint and regluing to the original angle, jacks still pinned
>to reps. All the while thinking about the price of a new set of
>Renner/Tokiwa universal reps.)

Hi Bill,
            This sounds like a labour of love,  Or hate.  <G>
One omission from the previous post, I put the CA glue on the end grain of
the joint, at the bottom of the post yoke,
You don't have to move the post very much to get that 1/16" movement at the
tip of the balancier,
I rarely have to bend pins any more.

Regards Roger