client info on the pocket pc

PetersRPT@aol.com PetersRPT@aol.com
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 00:36:10 EST

List:
I am currently in the same boat as Hazen.  PTBiz on the PC, and using a
Pocket PC.  So far I am just printing out work orders and carrying them with
me.   I  make appointments and notes on the Pocket PC and manually enter them
into PTBiz later.  It's not perfect, but it works.  I understand you can
create reports in PTBiz, export the data into an Excel file, and then
transfer that to Pocket Excel.  I haven't tried it yet.  The real time saver
would be to be able to set appointments in the field, and not have to
re-enter information into the main program later.   It certainly seems that
since the Pocket PC has a calender and contact list built in,  it would make
sense to use those and sync with Outlook.   JF, could you describe what you
do in a little more detail?    For me this is going to have to be a gradual
transition, unless it is possible to convert the PTBiz database into another
format.  I will look into some of these other options which have been
mentioned.  Thanks all.

Roy Peters
Cincinnati