client info on the pocket pc

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 23:49:22 -0600

If I were one of the many PTBiz purchasers/subscribers, I think I'd be
pressuring them to create a Pocket PC parallel program or, at least, a
program that will convert and sync calendars, client info, and to-do lists
to the Pocket Outlook (both directions). If you think about it, all this
talk of Excel dumps, re-entering info, etc., is just archaic nonsense.
Considering the state of technology, I simply don't comprehend why Pockets
and Desktops aren't fully integrated through ANYBODY's software. Or as Bill
Clinton would say: "Can't we all just get a thong?"

My 2 cents.

Alan
Salem, MO
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of PetersRPT@aol.com
  Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2003 11:36 PM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Re: client info on the pocket pc

  List:
  I am currently in the same boat as Hazen.  PTBiz on the PC, and using a
Pocket PC.  So far I am just printing out work orders and carrying them with
me.   I  make appointments and notes on the Pocket PC and manually enter
them into PTBiz later.  It's not perfect, but it works.  I understand you
can create reports in PTBiz, export the data into an Excel file, and then
transfer that to Pocket Excel.  I haven't tried it yet.  The real time saver
would be to be able to set appointments in the field, and not have to
re-enter information into the main program later.   It certainly seems that
since the Pocket PC has a calender and contact list built in,  it would make
sense to use those and sync with Outlook.   JF, could you describe what you
do in a little more detail?    For me this is going to have to be a gradual
transition, unless it is possible to convert the PTBiz database into another
format.  I will look into some of these other options which have been
mentioned.  Thanks all.

  Roy Peters
  Cincinnati