client info on the pocket pc

Jonathan Finger johann@tollidee.com
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 22:52:31 -0700

Roy:

First I have all of my clients listed in Outlook.  This includes name,
address, multiple phone numbers, email, etc.  This also includes one
large blank field, where you can enter any information you want.  I
typically include directions to the persons house, and work history in
this area.  With Outlook it is possible to create custom fields (or so
I've been told. just too lazy to do it) which would allow for more of a
spread sheet feel to the work history.  But I don't really feel the need
for it.  I simply record the work I've done under the appropriate
customer, and save the information.  I can also then use the calendar
function to schedule other appointments, check schedule, etc.  And
because this is all done in Outlook, everything communicates with
everything else just fine.  My PDA also has built in WiFi, which allows
me to utilize numerous internet connections that I find while driving
around (shhhhhh!) or in many customer's homes.  This means that I can
access my desktop  computer if need be, and add any information (or
retrieve any) that I might need to for some odd reason.

Jonathan Finger RPT