Knuckles? Why not use little rollers instead ?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:39:22 -0800 (PST)

I just opened up a Yamaha/Story & Clark with the
SQUEAKIEST knuckles ever! Expected to find gunkloads
of graphite grease, so I brought my little brass brush
& naptha. But found VERY compacted leather and
( possibly ) silicone grease, instead.
     So I scrubbed away, lubed with Teflon (TM)
powder, and it feels quite nice now.  But it made me
wonder: Would not actual tiny rollers in place of the
standard knuckle work much better? Out of some
material just soft enough not to click?
     I envisioned much less friction, no compaction,
etc.. Has anyone ever tried this?
    Del?
    Thump