Refinishing - Stripping & Stain Uneveness

pianolac pianolac@bestweb.net
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:17:31 -0500

Tommy,

You have a good point.  Ultra Penetrating stains are not as UV resistant =
as pigments (like the pigments found in glazes), but they don't hide the =
grain like pigments.

PianoLac will soon have a line of transparent pigment stains, allowing =
the finisher to have the best of both worlds.
Arthur
www.pianolac.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Bigeartb@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 9:05 PM
  Subject: Re: Refinishing - Stripping & Stain Uneveness

  Arthur:
       Yes Ultra Penetrating Stains can be sprayed uniformly but there =
is one big, bad major problem with these stains.....they quickly fade  =
especially if exposed to sunlight.
        I frequently shade the final color with this method but because =
of fading I am thinking of changing the shading step to Glazing stains.

  Tommy Black
  Decatur, Ala.=20