OT -- Way, WAY Off Topic!

Delwin D. Fandrich pianobuilders@olynet.com
Thu, 1 May 2003 12:46:42 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Conrad Hoffsommer" <hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: OT -- Way, WAY Off Topic!

> Hmm. Wondering here...
>
> Just how much and what type of radioactive material started out from
> earth?  I'm thinking that, given the concept of "half-life", the time
> (thousands & thousands of years from now) that "junk" gets anywhere close
> to a planetary system, it's radioactivity will be about that of the dial
on
> an old radium wristwatch.

Well, she's now on her way to the red star Aldebaran which is about 68 light
years away. Perhaps there is an inhabited planet there. Personally, since
she's traveling pretty fast and it is only going to take her something over
2 million years to reach this star system, I'm placing my house up for sale
and heading for the hills....they aren't going to get me!

Del