OT -- Way, WAY Off Topic!

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Thu, 1 May 2003 15:33:39 -0500

Are you serious or is this a parody?

We could send out little vessels loaded with tofu, sprouts, and
veggie-burgers. After sampling these, no alien would even think about
visiting this planet.

On the other hand, if Applebee's sent along a sample menu, we'd soon be
overrun with little green persons asking for Worchester Sauce.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of gordon stelter
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 12:18 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: OT -- Way, WAY Off Topic!

Yeah. But why do we send nuclear-powered, exploratory
spacecraft out there, to drift endlessly once their
fuel is "depleted"..... but with a nice map and other
artifacts pointing back to humans and planet earth,
just so that some aliens ( who might not be really
happy about our radioactive space junk! ) know where
to come find us!
     That's arrogant. And really, really stupid!
     Perhaps, some day, solving the myriad problems we
have right here on earth will be "sexy" enough to
attract our finest minds!
    Gordon Lee Stelter

--- "Delwin D. Fandrich" <pianobuilders@olynet.com>