Worn Hammers

Fri, 02 May 2003 07:38:24 +0200

Sounds to me like the piano needs quite a bit more then just a new set
of hammers. What does your local RPT(s) have to say ? A first hand look
is always a very good idea.

As to replacing flanges and shanks along with hammers, that also depends
on their condition. Worn hammers to the degree you mention have of
course a negative impact on touch and tone, but also indicate that much
else has been neglected.

Cheers
RicB

--