Key Leads and Inertia - radius

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 2 May 2003 09:35:28 +0200

Just by looking at it I guess that if we have a radius that really
move the fulcrum, the hole in the bottom of the key wear faster. I
seem to notice that wear on some Steinway I've seen.

I guess that the effect of the half round dowel is felt in the
acceleration, not in the weight, even if it is a very little.

Being very different on sharps than on white keys...

Best

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech