Key Leads and Inertia

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 2 May 2003 09:47:07 +0200

Yes David , but I've seen a few Boogie or 8 bars music pianists
feeling more at ease on the accelerated action (no advertising) , and
while playing on them, I could feel the preferred velocity of the
system, that give some comfort.
Once the body of the pianist give the necessary force (or weigh) to
have the keys going down, and a little effort is due to give them the
wanted acceleration to play the beat and accents, you can feel a
"preferred velocity" mode where the action is less tiring. Others
action exhibit that to a lesser extend, does not mean it is easier to
control in all modes nowadays.

I was yet persuaded that Steinway engineers where after a Boogie
Woogie instrument ;>)

Besties

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.