New keyboard design (was Re: Key Leads and Inertia)

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Fri, 2 May 2003 09:44:53 -0700 (GMT)

> At 05:51 PM 5/1/03 , you wrote:
>Frankly, I think that some extrudeed, lightweight
>aluminum key, basically a shell buttressed with
>reinforcement along stress lines to stiffen it, would
>be FAR better than the 16th Century technology we are
>dealing with!  And it should be hinged on a lateral
>pin ( at the bottom, on a pivotable plate ) to
>eliminate all "wobble". And weights ( not poisonous
>leads, either! )  could be affixed to the inside with
>bolts and lock washers along an adjustable track for
>exact balance.
>      Thump

These all sound like excellent ideas.  While you're at it could you incorporate something into your design so that I can level the keys without putting paper punchings under the keys (talk about your 16th century technology)?

Phil F