Insect Infestations

PatchWick@aol.com PatchWick@aol.com
Mon, 5 May 2003 19:49:53 EDT

I worked on a brand new Wurlitzer spinet in upstate New York purchased in the
fall and left in an empty house while the proud new owner wintered with the
rest of the snow birds in Florida. She called me within minutes of returning
home. It seems that none of her keys would play. I had no idea how bad the
situation could be until I actually saw the piano a couple days later: none
of the keys would move at all. Her mice had had a great time that winter
collecting tassels from her curtains and matching furniture covers and
packing them very very tightly under the entire keyboard. I filled my shop
vac to capacity that day!

As for their colour preference? Those tassles were a blue-ish grey.